Room 1240 Computer Sciences A/V Support
The CSL provides basic A/V support for room 1240 Computer Sciences. For special requests, we may have to contact the A/V vendor and schedule work. Please plan in advance. Room 1240 A/V is self-service: Speakers or their hosts or event coordinator need to verify any A/V needs, reserve the room, test the A/V setup and check-out and return the key.
Support Policies and Procedures
Room 1240 should be reserved using the CS Department Room Reservation System . NOTE: Room 1240 reservations after 3 PM may be pre-empted at any time with little or no notice for CS faculty candidates and other guest speakers. Reservations for this room may not be made for future semesters (only the current semester) until any CS classes that have been scheduled in Room 1240 have been entered.
Setup and Testing
If you have not used Room 1240 before, or have changed laptops, it is strongly recommended that you schedule time to test the projector and video setup in advance. If you need CSL support for a special setup, please coordinate the setup and testing with the CSL in advance (send email to email@example.com). Special support is on a best-effort basis: the more lead time you provide the more likely it is that support will be available and successful.
Keys may be checked out at the CSL Service Desk in room 2350 CS during regular business hours. Keys should be promptly returned after the event. You can check out keys the day before the event, and return them the next day if that is convenient. Instructors teaching a course assigned to room 1240 can get a key for the semester from the CS Department Receptionist.
Problem Reports and Requests
Please report any known problems to the CSL via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate the problem and contact the A/V vendor if necessary. Please also submit suggestions for improvements in the A/V setup and support.
The CSL staff check the status of the A/V equipment every morning.
Using the Projector
Note: A copy of these instructions are on the podium
- Turn on the podium control unit by clicking anywhere on its screen.
- Select the video input (Laptop1, Laptop2, HDMI, DOC CAM). The projector performs optimally when using a digital input (i.e. HDMI, Display-Port, etc.), but does not display a preview on the control panel. The HDMI cable has a yellow label, and adapters for DisplayPort, and Mini-Display Port.
- if you are using HDMI video, it includes audio from your laptop. You may need to adjust your laptop audio settings the first time you use it.
- If you are using VGA video, you can connect the 3.5mm audio plug to the headphone jack of your device
- Adjust presentation volume on both the podium control panel and your computer.
- The podium microphone has a mute/unmute switch on the base
- The wireless mics should be on separate channels (labeled on each mic)
- Spare batteries can be found in the podium organizer to the right of the Document camera.
- Microphones can also be muted on the control panel
- Manually turn off the Document Camera, by pressing the button, waiting 1-3 seconds, and then pressing the button again when prompted
- Turn off the wireless mics when done, to save battery life
- Click the power button on the screen, and wait for the loading bar to finish; this should turn off the projector and TV’s.
- Please erase the whiteboard and remove extra items from the podium
- Ensure the lights are off (you can use the switch by the doors) and that the doors are locked on your way out.
Room 1240 Lighting
|Preset #||Light Setting and Typical Use||Lighting Zones:|
|1||Default||Flood, East & West Cans, Indirect, Rear Cans only|
|2||All Lights On at 100%||All on 100%|
|3||Lecture with Presentation Screent||Indirect, Rear Cans, East & West Cans only|
|4||Presentation||Track and Flood only|
|5||Projection Screen and panel discussion||Track Lighting Only|
|6||Projection Screen and Note-Taking||East and West Cans, Indirect|
- Laser Projector (1920x1200 native resolution)
- Video inputs: HDMI, VGA
- Document Camera
- 2 wireless mics
- Table-top/podium mics