Printing from macOS Computers
To print from a macOS computer, you will need to use the Department VPN .
- Install the correct driver .
- Open your System Preferences and enter the Print and Fax settings.
- Click the + to add a new printer.
- Click IP Printer
- Enter the CSL printer information
- Protocol: Line Printer Daemon - LPD
- Address: print-gw.cs.wisc.edu
- Queue: Name of the printer you want to use (copier-5, c5-paper, copier-6, etc)
- Name: Descriptive label for the printer
- Print Using: Select the driver you installed above for the printer you are adding.
- Click Add
- A dialog with driver-specific options appears. If you are installing a printer with advanced options (such as the finisher on copier-5), specify these here. Otherwise these can generally stay at their defaults.
- Click Continue to finish adding the printer to your system.