To support the effective, efficient, and secure use of Information Technology by Computer Sciences Students, Faculty, and Staff in Teaching, Learning, Research, and Public Service
One AFS file server is under severe load, causing delays for any user accessing that file server. We are working to identify the cause and restore full service.
For the past several days, the CS Network has been subject to random performance issues, which are visible to end users in several ways, including connection timeouts, freezing desktop sessions, and failure to load web pages.
It is possible that this problem has been occurring for a longer period of time, but now has reached a level where it is more visible with a wider impact.
We are working to isolate the problem and then fix it.
UPDATE Wednesday March 8: We have not identified a single cause of the problem, but have identified at least one aspect of the problem, and are working on a reconfiguration to improve the situation.
Students enrolled in most Computer Sciences classes are given accounts on the Computer Sciences Department instructional computing labs. Some cross-listed courses, or courses taught by faculty from other departments do not use the Computer Sciences computers.
Registration data will be processed (accounts created and updated) daily starting Thursday, January 12. There is a delay of at least 1 working day from the time a student registers for a course to the time that the account is ready.
- Students with a Computer Sciences instructional account from the Fall semester will continue to use the same account for the Spring semester.
- You do not need to reactivate the account.
- Unused printing quota from the Fall semester has been removed. New printing quotas for the Spring semester will be added when course registration is processed
New Computer Sciences Students:
Students enrolled in Computer Sciences classes who do not already have a Computer Sciences account will receive an email message with instructions to activate their Computer Sciences account. The message will be sent to the students campus email address.
Students attending classes but not enrolled:
Students not officially enrolled in a class will not be given a Computer Sciences instructional account or any resources for the class.
Students not enrolled in CS classes for the Spring semester:
Students with accounts from the Fall semester who are not enrolled in a class eligible for a Computer Sciences instructional account will have their account deactivated after the start of the semester. A warning message will be sent to the students' campus email address, giving the student time to correct their course registration or preserve their account data.
If you have any special needs for your class, please send mail to email@example.com with the information. The sooner we have the information, the sooner we will be able to work on your request.
- New students will be able to activate their accounts on Tuesday, January 17 (the first day of classes). Some student accounts will be created earlier (next week). Students are notified via email to their campus email address with CS account activation instructions.
- Only students registered for classes will be given an account, disk quota and paper quota. Students who have not yet registered, students "sitting in" on the class, or any other special arrangements by which they are not registered for the class will NOT have an account or any additional resources.
- There is a delay of at least 1 working day from the time a student registers for a course to the time that the account is ready. This delay is due to the batch nature of data availability from the registration system. Any student who is not yet registered for a course should register as soon as possible.
- Students with CS accounts from the Spring or Summer semester do not need to re-activate their account. They should login using the same CS username and password from the previous semester.
- Students who need to activate their account and do not have the email instructions should go to the CSL web site and click the Activate Account link at the top of the page.
Class rosters are produced from our database nightly (starting with our first registration data update next week). The roster for each class will be in the directory
There are two files for each section:
Resolved as of 5:09PM Thu Sep 15
As of 4:00 PM Thu Sep 15, Ubuntu workstations are rejecting logins. We are working on the problem.